I updated the the About Esma page by writing a profile of myself, not as a person, but as an Internet user.
Here is the second part of my user profile:
My relationship with the Internet goes like this:
- I am a link surfer. Easily distracted, I jump from link to link and end up spending hours glued to the screen. I once went on Wikipedia to look up a literary term and ended up reading about Norwegian bridges, which I found to be fascinating.
- I love Wikipedia. Finding Wikipedia made me feel the like a woman who finally got pregnant after years of infertility. I love learning about random things, but dislike the heavy bound encyclopedias and couldn’t get enough of library books.
- I am not on the pulse with Internet trends, but thanks to my link surfing, I find out eventually (within the year).
- My greatest grievance is that many products can’t be shipped to Australia (Amazon, eBay, half.com). The Internet world is still US oriented (which I did not mind while in the US).
- I can’t embrace online health advice, dating sites, Twitter and MySpace (in that order).
- I read about pop music and watch movie trailers. I’m interested in knowing and understanding mainstream media and pop culture. I can’t stand watching full movies or listening to half the tunes out there.
- The Internet has severely reduced my attention span. If I start on one topic then jump to another, you know what to blame.
Define your relationship with the Internet. What are your Internet interests and web-surfing habits?