Through a graduate class in Melbourne, I’m working to improve my editing and publishing skills in this growing sphere of digital media. Maintaining this blog is a requirement for the class.
My Internet habits:
- I am a link surfer. Easily distracted, I jump from link to link and end up spending hours glued to the screen. I once went on Wikipedia to look up a literary term and ended up reading about Norwegian bridges.
- I love Wikipedia. Finding Wikipedia made me feel the like a woman who had been infertile for years and finally got pregnant.
- I am not up to date with Internet trends, but thanks to my link surfing, I find out eventually (within the year).
- My greatest grievance is that many products can’t be shipped to Australia (Amazon, eBay, half.com). The Internet world is still US oriented (which I did not mind while in the US).
- I can’t embrace online health advice, dating sites, Twitter and MySpace (in that order).
- I read about pop music and watch trailers of movies. I can’t stand watching full movies or listening to half the tunes out there, but I’m interested in knowing what’s going on in mainstream media and pop culture.
- The Internet has severely reduced my attention span. If I start on one topic then jump to another, you know what to blame.